Friday, March 14, 2014

Intimacy With Jesus

My goal for fasting today is to be more intimate with Jesus....  
And He will give me the desires of my heart.  
(Image: gci.org)


The goal of my fasting today is intimacy with Jesus.  Friday March 14.  It does help to set aside a whole day devoted to Him.  I praise God, and thank Jesus for making it possible.  

During fast days, in fact all the time, I try to avoid the spirit of the world as much as possible.  I don't do tv.  Never have really.  I also had the internet turned off at my house.  I don't like to spend mindless hours surfing the web anymore.  I do subscribe to 3 news sites to keep up the the prophetic events on the horizon, especially the mid east.   We are so right there at the end of days.  We can see it all around us.  All the signs are coalesing even as we speak. Please check out my blog: World War 3 Nuclear Attacks.  www.worldwar3nuclearattacks.blogspot.co.nz   I do love to travel the world with my daughter. I always stand in awe of God.  To see His power and magnitude revealed in His creation inspires me. Yet, seeing the hardness of human hearts denying the Creator and Lord Jesus saddens me deeply.  Jesus loves the world.  And so many are perishing....   God have mercy.  Jesus, raise up workers for Your harvest.  

This verse from the Prophet Isaiah ring to me.
 Isaiah records:  FOR THIS IS WHAT THE LORD SPOKE TO ME AS HIS FORCEFUL HAND WAS RESTING ON ME AND AS HE WAS WARNING ME NOT TO LIVE THE WAY THIS PEOPLE WERE LIVING.... DON'T FEAR WHAT THEY FEAR, OR LIVE IN TERROR.  THE LORD OF THE HEAVENLY ARMIES- HE'S THE ONE YOU ARE TO REGARD AS HOLY.  LET HIM BE THE ONE WHOM YOU FEAR, AND LET HIM BE THE ONE BEFORE WHOM YOU STAND IN TERROR."  (Is. 8:11-13 ISV)  I think we call all learn a lesson from God's command.  God, help us to obey.

 Devotion to my First Love, like Mary of Bethany, is what I want.
(Sid Hemmingmoore)
Coming back to Him, again, and again, and again...  That's what the whole book, Song of Songs is all about on a spiritual level.  I love that book.  Of course we know what it's about on the physical level... totally hot.


 Last night I went to see the "Son of God" movie.
 I cried as I saw Jesus calling Matthew.

(Image: patheos.com)
 I  I sat in awe as I saw Him, Jesus, raising the dead, and healing the sick on the big screen.  I loved Jesus even more when I saw Him take up His cross, the Fathers will, to die for my sins.  The movie is Biblically accurate for the most part.   Makes me appreciate Jesus mercy, grace and forgiveness even more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment